Issues of concern will be updated here as this develops.
PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, Md. (WUSA9) -- We have learned mandatory water restrictions will begin at 9 p.m. Tuesday in Prince George's County areas affected by a failing water main.Officials say a significant portion of Prince George's County will be left without water for several days. The issue is due to a 54 inch water main that is beginning to fail and must be replaced.
- Fire, there are loads of issues on this alone and should be number one concern see below.
- Cooling stations where are they and how can CIC establish them.
- Cooking how to without water and eventual food distribution
- Emergency Preparedness what are other issues especially with elder or disabled residents
- Businesses what is the impact, does lack of water stop CIC’s contractors from working
- What is the role and responsibility of Community Managers and Insurance companies. co1. Fire. Hot water heaters - LIMIT USE OF THIS WATER AS DAMAGE TO THE HEATER AND POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD EXIST. Gas or Charcoal Grills outside should not be used at all. Residents and Community Manager need to discuss a Fire Safety Plan and how to manage communications.This is a developing story please check back for updates as they are come in.